The Aristotle Project by re:Work Google has designed a great tool for improving Team Effectiveness, with relevant questions and thoughts for all team members and leaders.
Yet, the Covid-19 crisis requires the addition of a new level, definitely the first one: Physical Safety, which somewhat changes the way teams will collaborate in the near future.
In order to complement the very useful Team Effectiveness Discussion Guide by re:Work, here are some additional signs and questions regarding Physical Safety:
The signs that your team will need to improve physical safety would probably be:
- Fear of going back to their workplace
- Hesitance around meeting other stakeholders: clients, collegues, investors, partners...
- Fear of using public transports to carry our their work assignments
A few questions to ask yourself and your team members:
- How comfortable do team members feel about going back to their workplace?
- What rules and protections would make work assignments and meetings safer?
- What kind of communications would reassure all stakeholders of your organisation that their physical safety is not negociable?
Please feel free to comment and add further questions!